Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A boy is a boy is a boy...

On September 9th 2011, my life took a turn in a direction I never thought possible... Do you ever get that?  Life's just moving along in a lovely direction at a comfortable speed and then, WHAM!  A complete turn around.  Well, the change of direction that I experienced is one that I welcome with open arms and an open heart.  You see, on Friday at 5:26pm my wife gave birth to a baby boy...  Many of you are thinking, "Yeah, so what?  I mean, that's nice and all, but so many people have baby boys."  What many of you don't know, is that we also have FOUR daughters.  I consider myself an expert in the science of girls.  I think in pink and  purple, I dream of horses and castles, and even know some ballet jargon.  For the past eight years I have perfected the art of understanding the nature of the feminine brain.  I have learned certain secrets that most men would pay millions for.  And with my wife pregnant with our fifth child, I was certain  the book deal would be sealed with the birth of a fifth girl.  Not only that, but I was certain that Sainthood would be in my future! When it came time to push, my wife showed me the true power of a woman and delivered a 9 lb. baby.  Looking in between the doctors arms to see the sex, I was having trouble deciphering exactly what I was looking at.  And then it happened.  A golden arch blew up into the air, like "old faithful".  It was then that I knew...    Although I will have to change the content of the book, and my expertise in women has been tainted, I am happy to announce that we have a beautiful baby boy!   And so, without further ado, I present to all of you, Marcello.....


3 comments:

  1. Was awaiting this news!!!! He is beautiful and your family has been blessed!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mat and Bec! His future bride is gonna be lucky that he's been fully trained in the science of girl before she gets him both by you and his wonderful sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! He is absolutely beautiful! So happy for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete