Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthdays to Remember. . .

Today we celebrated my wife's birthday with a small gathering at the lake house.  It was our last chance to snag a boat ride in the 2011 season.  My wife and I decided to take a quite ride by ourselves and it was the perfect way to spend the day together.  The sun glistened off the water and the cool lake air put me in a relaxed state that I haven't felt in a long time...  Of course with five kids, how relaxed can we get?  We finished the day with a family dinner and sang to my wife all four verses of Happy Birthday.  (Yes, you read it correctly.  My wife's family has four verses to happy birthday.  But that's another blog post...)  Happy Birthday Becca!  You are just as beautiful today as you were when we first met 16 years ago...  We are so blessed to have you in our lives... Love Always,

Daddy, Grace, Nina, Gev, Luci, Marcello, and all the critters....

The Party Started off with some Ale...

Gev masters the ring toss... a Sullivan party favorite.

The girls get ready for a boat ride with Grandpa and Grandma.

Becca and Joe decide to trade places for a while...

Mom soaking up some birthday memories.

Grandma christens the mari uccia.

1 comment:

  1. Love those verses! We sing them EVERY birthday without fail!!! <3

    ReplyDelete